Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Superior Saturday by Garth Nix

Superior Saturday (The Keys To The Kingdom)

My turn finally came to borrow this one from the library, it being a new release and all. At this point I have decided that this series is worthy of adding to my personal collection, but I am going to make an effort to get a deal on them instaed of buying them all full price one by one.

In this, the next to last book, Nix does a great job of keeping the story concise for his younger readers while still maintaining the complexity for his more advanced readers. He really walks the line on that one and he does a great job. I will warn you that he leaves you hanging like nobodys business in this one, but that is what I get for reading a series that is in production. At least I didn't start it until we are one book away from completion. My searches on the internet only lists 2009 as the release date for the final book, which would presumably be named "Lord Sunday" if the convention so far is continued. Anyway, I give this series a high rating overall, even though Nix has to walk the line between what his audience can understand and what his imagination can dream up (as I mentioned).

I did find that wikipedia has a great synopsis of this book (and the series). Read at your own risk; there could be spoilers.


Date Completed: 10/18/08
Rating: 4.0



0 comments: